tkill used to implement raise

Mike Perry mikepery at fscked.org
Wed Jan 7 05:06:11 UTC 2004

I'm not sure if this is a glibc issue, or a kernel issue, or a
documentation issue.. It seems that raise is implemented as tkill, as
evidenced by the fact that for sigaction handlers, si_code is set to
SI_TKILL for raise()ed signals, when the manpages for sigaction
indicate that raise should cause si_code to be set to SI_USER instead.

I would think that SI_USER is the more standards correct flag to set for
raise.. But who should fix this? I don't remember this being an issue on
my debian system. Is this Fedora specific?

--
Mike Perry
Mad Computer Scientist