Rawhide yum errors

Marc O'Morain fedora at marcomorain.com
Wed Jan 7 17:33:50 UTC 2004

** My first ever mail! :) **

I have tried to update my system to rawhide today by adding the following
to my /etc/yum.conf file.

[fedora-core-devel]
name=Fedora Core (development: Rawhide)
baseurl=ftp://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386
gpgcheck=0
failovermethod=priority

When I run 'yum update' it downloads all the new rpm headers, and then I
get the following output:

Resolving dependencies
.package redhat-config-mouse needs /usr/bin/python2.2 (not provided)
package redhat-config-network-tui needs /usr/bin/python2.2 (not provided)
package redhat-config-securitylevel needs /usr/bin/python2.2 (not
provided) package redhat-config-date needs /usr/bin/python2.2 (not
provided) package redhat-config-keyboard needs /usr/bin/python2.2 (not
provided) package redhat-config-kickstart needs /usr/bin/python2.2 (not
provided) package redhat-config-language needs /usr/bin/python2.2 (not
provided) package redhat-config-rootpassword needs /usr/bin/python2.2 (not
provided) package redhat-config-soundcard needs /usr/bin/python2.2 (not
provided) package redhat-config-users needs /usr/bin/python2.2 (not
provided) package redhat-config-xfree86 needs /usr/bin/python2.2 (not
provided)

And it dumps be back at the shell prompt. I have the latest python rpm
installed, and /usr/bin/python2.2 is on my machine. Can someone please
tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Marc O'Morain

(I assume this is the place to ask about rawhide, rather than fedora-list?)