RPM submission procedure

Michael Schwendt ms-nospam-0306 at arcor.de
Thu Jan 8 02:25:35 UTC 2004

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 20:24:38 -0500, Eric S. Raymond wrote:

> > >The bigger drawback is that you don't have an extras repository at
> > >all! It sounds like you may be allowing unattained perfection to
> > >become the enemy of the good.
> >
> > Huh?
> >
> > fedora.us is all about providing add-ons for Red Hat Linux, and now
> > Fedora Core.  (Well and also now Legacy, community developed security
> > backport update packages for the older distributions.)
>
> But I just got told twice that the Extras repository does not yet exist!

fedora.us (Fedora Linux) does exist.

But due to its merger with the (ex-) Red Hat Linux Project into the Fedora
Project, it's only a semi-official place where to get add-ons for now.

The _official_ Fedora Extras does not exist yet. It has higher goals,
such as automated build systems, CVS repositories and more.