Request for Comments: updating RPMs using binary deltas

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Fri Jan 9 04:38:25 UTC 2004

On Thursday 08 January 2004 11:06 pm, seth vidal wrote:
> 1. b/c windows users have their media, sometimes b/c they HAVE TO
> 2. windows users normally don't have 3+ isos of data

Installed datacenter server lately?

> 3. windows has a definitive THIS ONE binary is windows98

No.  I run into this all the time, where there are undocumented Win98, even
Win2K respins where a file is in a different CAB from the original media on
another CD.  Win98 in particular is terrible for this; I try to keep track of
which CD belongs to which PC because of it.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology