outdated packages in rawhide

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Fri Jan 9 17:03:10 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 02:16:46AM -1000, Warren Togami wrote:
> Unfortuately the netatalk related kernel module has been added to
> kernel-unsupported last I checked, so does this mean that netatalk is
> set for deprecation?

No.  Moving modules into the unsupported directory (which in RHEL
is packaged into a separate package, but not in Fedora except when
we forgot to change it for a week or two) just means that we're
trying to set expectations for maintenance.  It is highly unlikely
that Red Hat is going to make it a high priority to fix any bugs
in one of those modules.  If there's a serious security hole in
one that would take a redesign to fix, we might disable it, but
that would be a pretty extreme case that I can't recall seeing
before, and I can't imagine being the case here.

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/