CUPS freezing on boot-up when using SMP kernel

lee connell lees_lists at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 9 22:40:00 UTC 2004

I am using the fedora 2.4 kernel and I have a P4 HT processor.  In order to
boot into SMP I have to boot it with the option acpi=on for thread safety.
Now my issue is that when booting the SMP kernel, when it trys to start
CUPS, it locks the whole system down and is unresponsive.  So I decided to
stop CUPS from starting and then it froze on another service at startup.
Any ideas on what's going on?

Thanks