QA process was Re: RPM submission procedure

Miloslav Trmac mitr at volny.cz
Fri Jan 9 22:55:07 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 05:47:56PM -0500, Lamar Owen wrote:
> You also lose rpmbuild --rebuild *.src.rpm with a single .src.rpm that works
> everywhere for buildhost convenience.  You can't then distribute a single
> .src.rpm for everything you support.
I don't want to use a distribution where all the distribution maker does
is take the upstream src.rpm without ever looking at the contents.

The perspective is different for individual users, but an unified way
to create rpms would still be an improvement over the current unified
way to just install the files.
	Mirek