QA process was Re: RPM submission procedure

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Sat Jan 10 00:22:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 02:42:38PM -0500, Gene C. wrote:
> I am hopeful that the Red Hat folks will speak on the Fedora Extras subject
> soon (their lack of comment is very noticeable).  Some of this discussion

Well, I have two reasons for not commenting:
 o  We don't have the CVS server up yet, and I believe that action
    should come before talk here.
 o  I'm doing a lot of listening.  Overall it is important to me that
    it not be so hard or confusing to do that people don't do it.  I
    think that the rules can be simple and exceptions worked out on
    an individual basis; that's what we've done internally.  We need
    rules, with rationale, better codified -- which is one thing we
    liked about fedora.us in the first place -- but I think that we
    need to make sure that people aren't put off too much by the
    rules we have, and I think that I've got more listening to do
    before I speak.

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/