Someone from synaptic/freshrpms?

Alexandre Strube surak at surak.eti.br
Sun Jan 11 12:02:47 UTC 2004

Hello guys, I've been looking at synaptic's windows and messages file,
and see that not every string is present at synaptic.mo file, also as
some of them are ignored in favor of those present on .glade files,
which make translation correctness impossible.

Just as an example, I've corrected the fedora freshrpm's version
brazilian portuguese translation
(/usr/share/locale/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo), specially unicode accented
characters (they were ALL wrong), but synaptic interface was still
partially in english. So I've translated the .glade files also - Now
synaptic looks ok for the systems where I've installed it, but it has
little or no use for the rest of the world.

This is my first experiment with .mo files, as well as with
internationalization in general. For those who are interested on the
results of this effort, the changed files are located at

http://www.surak.eti.br/linux/synaptic-BR.tar.bz2

Just bunzip it into your / folder and your synaptic will look much
better in portuguese!

Any suggestions, mail me.

--
[]s