Ideas for packaging vim syntax files

Toshio toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Sun Jan 11 13:48:54 UTC 2004

Hi,
I'm packaging some syntax files for vim to let it do nice
indentation/highlighting of the Pyrex language.  I have two
points where I'm uncertain of what is the best thing to do:

1) I had to edit the installed file:
/usr/share/vim/vim62/filetype.vim
to add the association of Pyrex filetype to extension.  Anyone
know of a safe, portable (across vim versions) way of doing this
in the postinstall/preun scripts?

Right now I'm using:
sed '<PATTERN>' < /usr/share/vim/vim62/filetype.vim
but this means I can only upgrade a vim62 series package...

2) Does anyone have suggestions for the appropriate name for such
a beast?  The upstream tar file is pyrex_vim.tar.gz, but someone
suggested vim-pyrex might be a better name.  Anyone else have an
opinion?

Thanks,
-Toshio
--