Self-Introduction: Simon Perreault

Simon Perreault nomis80 at nomis80.org
Sun Jan 11 21:43:56 UTC 2004

1. Full legal name: Simon Perreault
2. Country, City: Canada, Québec
3. Profession or Student status: Undergraduate student
4. Company or School: Université Laval (http://www.ulaval.ca) dept. of
Electrical and Computer Engineering (http://www.gel.ulaval.ca)

5. Your goals in the Fedora Project

I want to help with better KDE integration. Right now I've been doing a little
KDE help on fedora-list. I've written a spec file for JuK and maybe it could
be integrated on fedora.us before FC2. There are also a few bugs in the KDE
packages shipped with FC1 (which I've already entered into bugzilla), but
maybe I could help more... uh... directly.

QA? What's QA? I think I'd better learn how things are done here before
telling other people what they've done wrong.

Trust me? Hum... I'm now at... (checks
http://libresoft.dat.escet.urjc.es/cvsanal/kde2-cvs/) 90 commits in the KDE
CVS. I participate in most KDE mailing lists. Whether you want it or not,
there is already some of my code in Fedora. ;)

6. Historical qualifications

I started my Open Source adventure with Linux From Scratch
(http://www.linuxfromscratch.org), back when it was still *trying* to build a
linux from scratch. I've started the LFS Hints and been the hint maintainter
for... uh... a coupe years I'd say. This taught me Perl and shell and stuff.

I then got employed by Linux Québec Technology and during my second year of
employment I wrote Chronos, a web calendar, which is released under the GPL
and is available at http://chronoss.sourceforge.net. The project is no longer
developed, but it is still maintained.

I got into KDE trying to learn C++, wrote some patches here and there trying
to fix what was annoying.

7. GPG KEYID and fingerprint

[nomis80 at localhost SPECS]$ gpg --fingerprint nomis80 at nomis80.org
pub  1024D/03436BE1 2003-02-17 Simon Perreault <nomis80 at nomis80.org>
     Key fingerprint = 2967 20F8 FD95 BC3F 8B2C  DE01 65A8 4686 0343 6BE1
sub  2048g/15134FA1 2003-02-17

--
Simon Perreault <nomis80 at nomis80.org> -- http://nomis80.org