Problem updating to rpm-4.3

Paul Nasrat pauln at truemesh.com
Tue Jan 13 10:51:48 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 10:49:17AM +0000, Alex Kiernan wrote:
> I'm trying (and failing) to yum update my box to rpm-4.3; its failing
> as net-snmp requires librpmdb-4.2.so which would become unavailable
> after the upgrade.
>
> I'm not sure what to report this as a bug against...

There is probably no need - it's known (likewise with perl-RPM2).  I believe
there was a rebuild but rpm-4.3 wasn't in the build system at that point -
although it had been pushed to rawhide (I may be wrong on this).

yum remove net-snmp (will cascade remove - eg for ethereal than needs net-snmp).

I'm running rpm-4.3 on both x86 and ppc here, sadly these dependancy/sync
issues can occur with rawhide :(

Paul