Getting gfortran...safely

The Matt thompsma at colorado.edu
Tue Jan 13 16:57:37 UTC 2004

I'm hoping this list can answer this for me.  As a F95 developer, I'd
like to try out gfortran and I noticed it was in Rawhide.  However, I
usually try to doing anything concerning a package that comes close to
gcc for fear of just hosing my box to death.

So, I'm wondering, what is a good safe way to check out gfortran without
making rpmbuild's, &c. broken?  It could be as easy as rpm -U, but I
wanted to check here before I did anything.

Thanks,
Matt
--
I am a theoretical chemist.  Fear me!