FC2: removing gcc32 OK?

Balint Cristian rezso at rdsor.ro
Tue Jan 13 19:34:05 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 13 January 2004 21:14, Elliot Lee wrote:
> It sounds like the kernel is going to be using gcc 3.3 - just want to do a
> final check with everyone that it's OK to remove the gcc32 package from
> FC2.

kernel-2.6.1-1.37 (todays latest) require gcc32 for sparc :)

I know that sparc/sparc64 is not aviable right now (is sheduled for FC2) but probably Tom "spot" will unhappy.

-------------------------------////------------------------------------>
%ifarch sparc
%define all_arch_configs kernel-%{kversion}-sparc*.config
%define _64bit 0
# SMP is hosed for sparc in 2.6 right now...
%define buildsmp 0
# We need to build the sparc kernel with gcc32
%define usegcc32 1
%endif

	My opinion/tests is that sparc64 is ok with gcc33 but sparc32 kernel not,
maybe Tom tell more.