mdadm and raidtools

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Wed Jan 14 22:20:29 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 11:25 +0100, Matthias Saou wrote:
> - As the raidtools package was removed from what-will-become FC2, shouldn't
> mdadm contain an "Obsoletes: raidtools <= 1.00.3-6" in order for upgrades
> through apt or yum to get things right? Adding the latest packaged version
> to the obsoletes allows later reintroduction of raidtools if needed without
> problems.

The removal of raidtools was premature.  Without initscripts and
anaconda changes, raidtools *must* remain.  That said, if someone has
more free time than I do right now to work on those patches... :-)

I know Seth had something that he said was working for initscripts
(although I'd have to dig through my IRC logs to find it).  anaconda
should be relatively straight-forward to do (mostly should be stuff in
fsset.py where we create a raidtab and then run mkraid)

Poke me on IRC or via email if you're interested and want more pointers

Cheers,

Jeremy