gaim 0.75 and Yahoo

Vincent pros-n-cons at bak.rr.com
Wed Jan 14 22:25:35 UTC 2004

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:16:51 -0500
Christopher Blizzard <blizzard at redhat.com> wrote:

> Roozbeh Pournader wrote:
>
> >gaim 0.74 which is the latest in fedora updates has started to have
> >problems with Yahoo again. 0.75 seems to be out. Any plan to update
> >Fedora?
> >
> >roozbeh
> >

> Yeah, I'm going to work on an update.  Should be in testing some time in
> the next day or two.
>
> --Chris
>
> --

Even gaim 0.75 is broken, Some guy supplied the gaim team with a patch but they rejected it for political reasons. This is what I heard second hand. There is only one linux client that has yahoo working right now to my knowledge its called gyach-enhanced. Which is just a chatclient but it does support voice chat. This program is extreemly buggy and difficult to install. I have made RPM's for it you can use untill gaim gets working again.

The src.rpm is here http://home.bak.rr.com/uproot/files/gyach_enhanced-1.0.0-fdr.1.src.rpm

Binary is here
http://home.bak.rr.com/uproot/files/gyach_enhanced-1.0.0-fdr.1.i386.rpm