CVS server add request to FC. [patch]

Elliot Lee sopwith at redhat.com
Thu Jan 15 15:38:55 UTC 2004

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Balint Cristian wrote:

> 	FC1/rawhide lack of cvs server suport.
>
> 	Can be xined.d style config file be attached/included to current
> FC1/rawhide's cvs-x.y.z.i386.rpm to enable xinetd cvs server to fedora ?
>
> That one below works well with FC1 and rawhide, it require only to
> install default cvs package from FC1/rawhide.
>
> Here is the file:
> ---------------------------//////////------------------------------------------------------------------->
> cat /etc/xinet.d/cvspserver
> # default: on
> #       allows crc checksumming etc.
> service cvspserver
> {
>         disable = no
>         socket_type     = stream
>         wait            = no
>         user            = root
>         server          = /usr/bin/cvs
>         server_args     = -f --allow-root=/usr/local/cvsroot pserver
>         log_on_failure  += USERID
> }
> ------------------------//////-------------------------------------------------------------------------?
> then to start it, type:
>
> chkconfig --add cvspserver
> service xinetd restart

Since setting up a CVS server requires more than just enabling & starting
the service, and since adding an xinetd dependency to cvs would annoy a
lot of people, I would suggest that we are better off without this. There
is not much distance between the amount of work necessary to create a new
/etc/xinetd.d/cvspserver file, and the amount of work necessary to edit
that file while setting up a pserver.

-- Elliot
At the School of Hard Knocks, tuition is always high.