CVS server add request to FC. [patch]

Lamont R. Peterson lamont at gurulabs.com
Thu Jan 15 16:40:41 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 08:25, Balint Cristian wrote:
[SNIP]
> Here is the file:
> ---------------------------//////////------------------------------------------------------------------->
> cat /etc/xinet.d/cvspserver
> # default: on
> #       allows crc checksumming etc.
> service cvspserver
> {
>         disable = no
>         socket_type     = stream
>         wait            = no
>         user            = root
>         server          = /usr/bin/cvs
>         server_args     = -f --allow-root=/usr/local/cvsroot pserver
>         log_on_failure  += USERID
> }
> ------------------------//////-------------------------------------------------------------------------?
> then to start it, type:
>
> chkconfig --add cvspserver
> service xinetd restart
>
> and it works well, i used it succesfuly this way.
[SNIP]

Is there some reason you would prefer to send your passwords over the
network in clear-text?  Why not just use CVS via SSH?  CVS is more
secure via SSH than pserver.  I have found that to be even easier to set
up.

If there are users who should not have shell access but should be able
to run CVS via SSH, that is not too tough either.
--
Lamont Peterson <lamont at gurulabs.com>
Senior Instructor