CVS server add request to FC. [patch]

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Thu Jan 15 17:12:59 UTC 2004

Elliot Lee wrote :

> Since setting up a CVS server requires more than just enabling & starting
> the service, and since adding an xinetd dependency to cvs would annoy a
> lot of people, I would suggest that we are better off without this. There
> is not much distance between the amount of work necessary to create a new
> /etc/xinetd.d/cvspserver file, and the amount of work necessary to edit
> that file while setting up a pserver.

Well, doing like for rsync could be nice : It contains the xinetd.d file
for the rsyncd service, doesn't contain an xinetd dependency and is
disabled by default anyway. Relatively sane and time saving default IMHO.

Otherwise a cvspserver.xinetd file in %doc would be just as useful.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) - Linux kernel 2.4.22-1.2149.nptl
Load : 0.00 0.05 0.38