replacing MTRG with cricket.

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Fri Jan 16 22:41:15 UTC 2004

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 shane at geeklords.org wrote:

> Has there been any discussion toward either replacing MRTG with cricket,
> or adding cricket to fedora?  The only advantages I can think of that MRTG
> holds over cricket is that MRTG depends on less supporting software (i.e.
> RRD, perl libs etc..).  In every other way I have measured cricket is more
> advanced / functional / easy to use.

You simply can't replace mrtg with cricket. If anything the most likely
thing to replace mrtg with is rrdtools.

I do not object to adding cricket as package but wether it would be wise
to add to Fedora Core is another thing. I would think it goes well in to
Extra.

Hugo.

    hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.