Community Websites was (Re: Fedora News Updates #2)

Steve Hanson shanson at fedorazine.com
Sat Jan 17 22:50:45 UTC 2004

Jef Spaleta wrote:

 > André Kelpe wrote:
 >   I really like what you are doing, but would it be possible to have   a
 > RSS-feed for the update-page like redhat had for 7.3-9?

I note that the fedoranews.org folks have put up an RSS feed.  Which is
now also available on fedorazine.com - Thanks guys!.

 > Another example, that I think the community sites are going to have to
 > agree to push hard to work on together...is FAQ/HOWTO/Tutorial
 > duplication. I think is going to be a really big problem that is going
 > to fracture the community sites in a way that is ultimately not useful
 > to the community at large. I would encourage ALL fedora community
 > news/opinion/help sites to ACTIVELY participate with the official Fedora
 > documentation subproject on the issue of Howto/Tutorial writing. I don't
 > have a problem with different community sites having different versions
 > of howtos covering the same topic in the short term. But I feel there
 > MUST be a recognition that in the long term, to work towards getting
 > howtos and tutorials on a topic synced up and in a state useful for the
 > official docs project. To quote http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/docs/:

I agree.  Been looking into this.  I'm trying at the moment to get some
more authors (cause - um - I gotta start having a life) on Fedorazine,
and to take the HOWTOS that are coming in and contribute them.  At least
I'm trying to make it clear to the authors that that's the intention.
Now if I can get some of their time ----

And by the way - I really am looking for contributors so if you're
interested there's a very minimal author guide up on the site now.