ClamAV RPM Problem

Michael Schwendt ms-nospam-0306 at arcor.de
Sun Jan 18 03:08:30 UTC 2004

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:52:58 -0800 (PST), Casey Price wrote:

> Warren,
> I have checked out the clamav packages on fedora.us, and I based a
> majority of my spec file on the one you have there under your specs link.
> However, I left a majority of that out, because I simply want the basic
> clamav (clamd, clamscan, clamdscan, freshclam, clamav.conf and the update
> files as well as the man pages), I don't need clamav-milter or any of that
> at the moment, so I'm just trying to build a very simple rpm that installs
> those.

Well, a feature of the fedora.us clamav rpms is that due to their
modularity you could create a simple clamd config package which would be
an add-on to the existing packages and enhance the packages with a default
clamd config. Just follow the short README and those files into a separate
package with proper dependencies. No need to reinvent the wheel and
package clamav from scratch. clamd, clamscan, clamdscan, freshclam,
... everything's there already. JMHO, though.

[...]

Your problem is likely in the %install section.