Kernel:IP TCP ECN

Tony Grant tony at tgds.net
Sun Jan 18 20:00:39 UTC 2004

Le dim 18/01/2004 à 20:33, seth vidal a écrit :

> > In the development kernel release 2.6.1-1.47 (i686) package, the IP: TCP
> > Explicit Congestion Notification support seems to be turned on.  I could
> > not get to several websites and I could not log into my linksys router
> > until I turned it off. This should probably be turned off in the kernel.

> Read through the archives. This is a bug in the linksys stack, not in
> the kernel.
>
> It should probably fixed in the linksys stack, not in the kernel.

It is easier to just turn it off if you happen to own a Linksys DSL
router. Costs a lot less than replacing it too!

I found out about this because since the beginning of last week the
local aDSL switch seems to be up to its neck in storm water. This caused
quite a bit of network Congestion as you may imagine...

Cheers

Tony Grant

--
www.tgds.net Library management software toolkit