Developer Self Introduction

Gavin Henry ghenry at suretecsystems.com
Sun Jan 18 20:36:46 UTC 2004

1. Gavin Clive Henry
2. United Kingdom, Scotland, Aberdeen
3. Project Engineer for a Telecomms company, as well as building up my Linux
Company
4. Suretec Systems Ltd. - http://www.suretecsystems.com
5. At the moment I am learning the spec file/rpm building etc. and want to see
netmon_applet in the main release. I have e-mailed the author and have
permission to package it. Other than that, when I come across something else
I will let everyone know.

Do you want to do QA?
Time permitting yes. With some good instructions, I don't see why not.

Anything else?
Well, I want to help with the documentation. I have joined the correct list
and have already submitted a patch for an update to the documentation guide,
mentioning nxml for emacs. Just waiting to hear.

I am also a volunteer writer for http://FedoraNEWS.org, check out
http://FedoraNEWS.org/ghenry for more details.

6. Historical qualifications
* What other projects have you worked on in the past?
Only the documentation project and FedoraNEWS.org. As my skills develop I hope
to contribute more.
 * What computer languages and other skills do you know?
I did C for 4 years at uni doing a BEng(Hons) Electronics and Communication
Engineering, graduating in 2002. Just getting those skills back now, as I
never kept C up. You may have noticed my thread asking for good books on C
Programming a few weeks ago. I used my gavin(.)henry(at)magicfx(.)co(.)uk for
that post. I also do Perl, php, xhtml, bash and VHDL. I really like
documentation, using nxml and emacs for DocBook XML, so I will doing a lot of
that too.
* Why should we trust you?
I am a nice guy and want to help. If you search for my name on Google (as we
all have done :-)) you will see that I am active on various mailing lists and
try to help people whenever I can. It is also not in my interest to be
untrustworthy.

7.
GPG KEYID and fingerprint
pub  1024D/DB73BEA8 2003-09-28 Gavin Henry (Suretec Systems)
<ghenry at suretecsystems.com>
     Key fingerprint = 0391 864C 2CBB 4756 D817  CE40 796B 1E87 DB73 BEA8
sub  2048g/765253B8 2003-09-28

- --
Regards,

Gavin Henry.