FC2 devel/i386 vs VIA EPIA boards

Boszormenyi Zoltan zboszor at freemail.hu
Mon Jan 19 12:27:50 UTC 2004

Klaasjan Brand írta:
> On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 11:46, Boszormenyi Zoltan wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I am unsuccessfully trying to install Fedora Core 2 devel
>>on a VIA EPIA based mini PC through the network.
>>It loads the kernel and initrd images from the tftp server
>>but it immediately reboots. The vmlinuz/initrd from Fedora Core 1
>>refuse to install from the Fedora Core 2 NFS directory saying
>>
>>"The Fedora Core installation tree
>>  in that directory does not seem to
>>  match your boot media."
>>
>>Catch 22...
>

> ??
>
> Why do you think installing FC2 rawhide is supported with the FC1
> installer?

I did not think it, I just tried. BTW a generic RH/Fedora boot
installer would also be nice that can install regardless of the
version of the installation tree if {RedHat|Fedora}/RPMS directory is found.

The real problem is that FC2 installation kernel reboots.

> As far as I know the way to run rawhide is install the latest release
> (FC1 in this case) and then update with yum.

No, I wanted a clean install. If that does not work, that's a regression.
That's why fedora-devel list exists, isn't it? For developing and
reporting problems with the development versions...
fedora-test list is for testing the stable OS version.
I have already pulled the full tree of FC2 and
update it regularly with rsync. I want to install it
through the network on this particular machine which
does not have CD-ROM but has a nice PXE boot rom.

> If FC1 for some reason won't boot on your machine you'll need an updated
> installer.

FC1 works on that machine, thank you. That was out of question.

--
Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi