FC2 devel/i386 vs VIA EPIA boards

Leonard den Ottolander leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Tue Jan 20 11:57:17 UTC 2004

Hi,

> > Still makes me wonder how you use a 486DX100. Do you experience no
> > problems when running rpm?
>
> Other than it being slow - no. RH9 RPM used to corrupt databases now and then
> but it did that on most boxes which were <686 in my experience. FC1 seems
> quite happy.
>
> When its running 486 all the fun stuff like nptl is obviously not being used
> but it does work. (ancient Fujitsu Stylistic Pen PC)

Not sure what you tell me here. Did you rebuild (explicitly disable)
anything to make FC1 work on this DX100 or did you build the system with
stock rpms?

In the latter case, that would mean the absence of the cmov instruction
is not a problem and I am having problems with rpm for another reason. I
do get an illegal instruction on that Cyrix however.

I should definitely find some time and try an installation on one of my
Aptiva's then.

Bye,
Leonard.