Possible FC2 inclusions from fedora.us

Iain Wade iwade at optusnet.com.au
Sun Jan 25 11:04:47 UTC 2004

> > ddrescue
>
>     dd-like tool but doesn't die on I/O errors
>         useful if the tool is already installed when you need to attempt
>         data recovery?
>         Tiny!

"dd conv=noerror" should do the same thing?

> > iptstate
>
> There is some disagreements to include it in Core or not.  Everyone
> agrees that it is a really nice tool though.
> Tiny!

"watch cat /proc/net/ip_conntrack" seems to be just as powerfull?

> > perl-RPM-Specfile
>      generates mostly proper SRPMS out of any perl CPAN module

hugely convenient, yes please. :)

glancing through the package list the only other thing there which I
use commonly and would be interested in seeing promoted up would be
rdiff-backup, however I am more a fan of the small-core Fedora so
I won't suggest it.

Regards,
--Iain