not SVN? (was: An introduction of the new cheerleader...)

Florian La Roche laroche at redhat.com
Mon Jan 26 12:41:28 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 07:07:56AM -0500, Alexander L. Belikoff wrote:
> On Sunday 25 January 2004 00:28, Cristian Gafton wrote:
> >
> > - Installation of a CVS server and associated repositories as the primary
> >   interface for the developers.
>
> Hmm... I thought RedHat was going the way of early adoption of SVN?.. *This*
> could be the perfect moment to start eating our own dogfood. ;-)

I have tried out svn and like it a lot. It is still pretty slow for me
and the benefits to have branches in "real trees" is not really a
big improvement.
You need good support for -HEAD development and everything else should
be just a few important bug-fixes and security fixes. cvs does fine
for that.

greetings,

Florian La Roche