Updating RPMs using binary deltas (demo)

Nils Philippsen nphilipp at redhat.com
Tue Jan 27 11:57:41 UTC 2004

Hi Leonhard,

On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 12:43, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
> > For those folks that want to eventually have optional RPM diffs for
> > upgrades, please do not continue the discussion here.
>
> This is the Fedora devel list, right? Maybe more on topic on the RPM
> list, but still a development issue, so IMHO rather on topic in this
> forum.
>
> I haven't fe seen people talking about kernel issues being referred to
> kernel.org, because their discussions would be more on topic there. If
> you are not interested in the issue don't read the threads.

While this is a development issue, an RPM diffing tool is in no way
Fedora specific (I hope). Kernel related discussion here seems (to me)
concentrated on kernel-on-FC or FC-kernels, luckily we don't have the
huge mess that is called lkml here. I think an RPM diffing tool would be
most on-topic on rpm-list (out of the pool of existing mailing lists),
what'd be on-topic here would be (when it's ready) discussing eventual
inclusion in FC, whether or not it should be used for distribution of FC
packages, etc...

IMO,
Nils
     Nils Philippsen    /    Red Hat    /    nphilipp at redhat.com