An introduction of the new cheerleader...

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at 1407.org
Tue Jan 27 17:09:32 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 17:01, Cristian Gafton wrote:
> One of the problems is that there is still a fair bit of "black magic"
> going on about what to do and how to package a project effectively. I
> think there is room for a documentation project aimed at developers about
> what needs to be done to create a project-x.y.z.tar.gz arcchive that can
> be grokked successfully by rpmbuild -ta.

A short way to do it:

1. edit project/Makefile.am
   add project.spec to EXTRA_DIST

2. edit project/configure.ac
   add project.spec to AC_OUTPUT(...)

3. edit spec in project/project.spec.in

4. release by issuing 'make dist'

Of course, this assumes an already working auto* project, which is
probably the hardest part...

Rui

+ So let's do it...?