FC development install feedback

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Tue Jan 27 17:56:06 UTC 2004

Hi,

Well, I just installed today's FC development on a new Dell Inspiron 8600
laptop. Here are a few issues I've encountered :

- firstboot can't run, unable to load rootpassword python module (*)
- vim can't run, unable to load libperl.so (/bin/vi does work)
- I get plenty of weird messages on the first VT (selinux?)
- starting the cpuspeed service fails : scaling_governor in /sys not found
- login through gdm fails, SELinux context failed

Now I've got lots of funky stuff to solve with my video card (very recent
ATI) and find how to disable SELinux for now :-)

Matthias

* : The symlink in /usr/share/firstboot/modules is wrong

Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) - Linux kernel 2.4.22-1.2163.nptl
Load : 0.64 0.55 0.45