rawhide report: 20040128 changes

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Wed Jan 28 23:15:39 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 06:09:08PM -0500, Jef Spaleta wrote:
> If only there was a way to encourage the monkeys on your back to
> pick up a shovel and start digging on some of your lower priority
> tasks...potentially saving you cycles. Though i think, that would
> require you posting a priority list for your tasks, which would burn a
> few cycles to do. I wonder...how many people would actually volunteer to
> help you work on some of the lower priority coding issues, if they were
> made aware what they were.

Thats one of the reasons we so need to get the external cvs etc up and
running, trust us we *know*

There are things everyone can do which really help developers

	-	Go through old bugs (especially ones you filed)
		and close any that are fixed in rawhide/FC1 etc
	-	Add notes to those that are still present
	-	Attach patches to bugzilla if you fixed any yourself
	-	Send them free supercomputers	 8)

Thinning down bug reports, especially dead ones really helps all over,
not just Red Hat but also places like Gnome bugzilla if you have stuff
filed there.