rawhide report: 20040128 changes

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Wed Jan 28 23:35:11 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 18:09, Jef Spaleta wrote:
> If only there was a way to encourage the monkeys on your back to
> pick up a shovel and start digging on some of your lower priority
> tasks...potentially saving you cycles. Though i think, that would
> require you posting a priority list for your tasks, which would burn a
> few cycles to do. I wonder...how many people would actually volunteer to
> help you work on some of the lower priority coding issues, if they were
> made aware what they were.

As Alan said, that's one reason work is hard underway to get the CVS
server up.   To be honest, the thing that helps the most right now (and
I saw some progress here today being pushed by Jef) is help triaging
bugs.  The flood of bugs is endless and a lot of them are pretty similar
-- lots of people with bad CDs during install, bad ks.cfgs, things like
that for anaconda.  And similar for other packages.  Even just going to
get the relevant information and saving me the NEEDINFO trip is
invaluable.

Beyond that, I'm in interrupt only mode right now without much of a good
priority list.  I work on things as they bubble up to be the critical
issue of the minute :/

Jeremy