installing rawhide

Alexander L. Belikoff abel at vallinor4.com
Thu Jan 29 05:12:01 UTC 2004

I know these questions are lame but I cannot seem to find any coherent
information on how to do it.

I'd like to install rawhide in order to participate in the process.
Unfortunately, I failed to locate any information on how to reliably perform
it. From bits and pieces here and there I found that it is theoretically
possible to upgrade FC1 to rawhide using yum. OK, I've configured yum as per

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2004-January/msg00206.html

(removed the original repository entries and added the ones in the message).

Unfortunately, 'yum -y update' constantly fails on unsatisfied dependencies.
To make the matters even more complicated, I'm trying to perform it on a live
system with relatively small disk space (about 2Gb free). I've ended up
running yum update on groups of packages to upgrade them one at a time but
this process is awefully time consuming and it doesn't guarantee full
upgrade. So the questions follow:

1. What is the recommended way to install rawhide (from an ISO or otherwise)?
1. Is there a reliable way to upgrade FC1 to rawhide (from an ISO or
otherwise)?
2. If there is no standard way, what would be the best way to do it?
3. Which one is recommended: yum or up2date?

Thanks in advance,

--
Alexander L. Belikoff                      GPG f/pr: 0D58 A804 1AB1 4CD8 8DA9
Bloomberg L.P.                                       424B A86E CD0D 8424 2701