rawhide report: 20040130 changes

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Sat Jan 31 00:01:59 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 11:49:54PM +0000, Dave Jones wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 03:20:48PM -0800, Greg KH wrote:
>  > On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 09:05:58AM -0500, Build System wrote:
>  > > kernel-2.6.1-1.63
>  > > -----------------
>  > > * Thu Jan 29 2004 Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com>
>  > >
>  > > - Update to 2.6.2-rc2-bk3
>  > > - Disable USB Gadget support.
>  >
>  > Any specific reason for disabling this?
>
> I figured that folks likely to be developing usb gadgets are
> more likely to be using an upstream kernel than the Fedora kernel.

More upstream than 2.6.2-rc2-bk3?  :)

> Want to convince me otherwise ?  I'll be happy to re-enable that
> stuff if there's good arguments to do so. It just seemed a bit odd.

I don't really care myself, but if you do want to select a specific
device, I suggest the CONFIG_USB_GADGET_NET2280 (you have to choose
one), as that is a real pci card that people can use in a normal
machine.

I was worried that there was something wrong with the build that I
might have broken.

thanks,

greg k-h