mplayer vs. xine

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Sat Jan 31 16:17:26 UTC 2004

André Kelpe <fs111 at web.de>:
> Dag's Repo is yum enabled, just add
>
> [dag]
> name=Fedora Core 1 Dag Wieers' repository
> baseurl=http://apt.sw.be/redhat/fc1/en/i386/dag
>
> to your yum.conf

Excellent.  That means I can remove apt recipes from my installation
procedure.

> Maybe jpackage.org should be included in your list.

What is it?  When I go there, I get:

ERROR : Unable to connect to the database: DB Error: connect failed
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/jpackage/www/func-db.inc on line 58

> > Win32 binary-codec RPMs to be used with mplayer
>
> atrpms (yum and apt enabled) has one:
> http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/dist/common/w32codec/

Can you give me a working yum.conf entry for this repo?  If so, I'll
include it in the HOWTO.  It would be better if livna carried this
RPM, though -- I'd like to cut the number of required repositories
to a minimum to lessen the likelihood of conflicts.

> To my mind you should add a link to planet ccrma which has al lot of
> multimedia (sound) stuff in an apt repo.
>
> http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/

Will do.