How do you install applications?

Michel Alexandre Salim salimma1 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 31 17:58:49 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-31 at 09:44 -0800, Dave Borchard wrote:
[snip]
> I then looked for a Real Audio program icon or listing on the menu
> system. I could not find the application anywhere. I tried running the
> installation line again, I got the message that the application was
> already installed.

That's an *old* program; I would not expect it to know how to register
itself with GNOME2's MIME database.

[snip]

> What steps are necessary to finish the application install and make
> Real Audio function when clicking on a Real Audio filename with a web
> browser?

Depends on the browser. Basically when given the choice 'Open/Save',
choose Open then locate the browser binary (/usr/bin/realplay or
something like that? Haven't used rp8 since.. err... 2000).

> Thank you!
No prob. And please use fedora-list next time.

- Michel