Fedora Core 3

Doncho N. Gunchev mr700 at globalnet.bg
Fri Jul 2 15:02:07 UTC 2004

On Friday 02 July 2004 17:09, Charles R. Anderson wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 04:06:16PM +0200, Tony Grant wrote:
> > 	- nedit and pico installed by default (I hate vi and emacs...)
>
> The GNU nano clone replaced pico due to licensing issues with
> pine/pico.

    And there is mcedit (part of Midnight Commander). It would be nice
to have the patch that Leonard den Ottolander <leonard[at]den[dot]ottolander[dot]nl>
suggested (which works for me with RH9, FC1 and FC2):
--- cut ---
As a side note, for users of Fedora Core there is a test src rpm
featuring Vladimir's utf-8 improvements at
http://www.ottolander.nl/opensource/srpms/fc1/mc-4.6.0-14.10n.src.rpm .
The changelog in the spec file is incomplete. Essentially 6 hunks of the
Fedora patches have been merged with Vladimir's patches and were dropped
from the original patches.

Leonard.

--
Regards,
  Doncho N. Gunchev    Registered Linux User #291323 at counter.li.org
  GPG-Key-ID: 1024D/DA454F79
  Key fingerprint = 684F 688B C508 C609 0371  5E0F A089 CB15 DA45 4F79