Fedora Core 3

Nathan Robertson nathanr at nathanr.net
Sat Jul 3 06:30:35 UTC 2004

On 03/07/2004, at 10:50 AM, Stephen Smoogen wrote:

> 1) A better inclusion method of extras.
> 2) A removal of older stuff to extras.
> 3) A replicable build system so that others could test/build things
>    outside of RH but know that it was 'similar' enough.
> 4) Kerberos enabled DHCP ;).

Inclusion of distcc (http://distcc.samba.org/) would be really nice. To
be able to use the spare CPU power on my dialup for compiling programs
on my desktop, etc. It would certainly make recompiling src.rpms
quicker too for those of us that have several machines. Is there a
reason why it hasn't been included before?

Nathan.