Fedora Core 3

Cristian Gafton gafton at redhat.com
Sat Jul 10 17:30:36 UTC 2004

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Bill Nottingham wrote:

> Cristian Gafton (gafton at redhat.com) said:
> > > I'm sure there's other stuff people would like to see. What sorts
> > > of things?
> >
> > I'd like to see the text terminals fixed up again so that Home and End
> > keys work in emacs -nw, joe, jed, whatever other places that are under
> > ncurses controls.
>
> Text? Not xterm/gnome-terminal/etc?

Well, actually it turns out that we managed to break it all around. This
is annoying enough to make me transform this into my personal crusade to
get it fixed again. The most confusing thing is logging into older system
and having everything work OK and then having the frustrating behavior on
the latest release...

Cristian
Cristian Gafton     --     gafton at redhat.com      --     Red Hat, Inc.
"Linux is a leprosy; and is having a deleterious effect on the U.S. IT
industry because it is steadily depreciating the value of the software
industry sector."
    -- Kenneth Brown, President, Alexis de Tocqueville Institution