RFC: new bugzilla.fedora.us keyword

Toshio toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Mon Jul 12 12:52:16 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 08:22, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 23:42:10 -0400, Toshio wrote:

> > > Because it concerns i386 "-common" packages, too, which are built as a
> > > sub-package.
> >
> > I'm probably just being dense because I don't know what all the build
> > people do, but aren't package submissions keyed off of the SRPM?  So how
> > does setting a keyword on the overall SRPM help eliminate work WRT one
> > of its subpackages?
>
> The build person would not need to build a noarch or "common" package for
> all individual target platforms, but just build it once without a disttag
> and publish the single binary for all platforms. Without a special
> keyword, the build person would need to read through all comments in
> search of any details on how to build the packages. It's some of the
> things in bugzilla where you lose the overview easily. A separate comment
> field for build/release instructions would be helpful, so important
> details (e.g. requests on moving a package and its dependencies from
> testing to stable) would not go down among all the additional comments.

Right.  I'm with you this far but then I get lost in Aurelian's question
about noarch and your reply about i386 "-common" sub-packages.  If it's
a subpackage how can it be rebuilt alone?  If you send a fedora.us
bugzilla URL that shows where it should be used, it'll probably all come
clear to me.

Thanks,
Toshio
--
  t  o  s  h  i  o  +  t  i  k  i  -  l  o  u  n  g  e  .  c  o  m