suspend & resume

Michael Favia garbage at insitesinc.com
Sat Jul 17 19:43:26 UTC 2004

Rik van Riel wrote:

>If the "shut down when the power button is hit" behaviour
>is hurting more people than it helps, I'd like to get it
>removed and replaced with something that works ;)

I don't think that this is the proper way to approach this problem. It
seems to me that there is a problem with the resume from suspending and
i dont think that purposely maligning the power button should be used as
a solution. People already think we have some pretty odd hacks, it is my
suggestion to leave the power button operation intact if we can.