Fwd: Is the Via C5J Esther not capable of NPTL in FC3 test 1

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Wed Jul 21 06:19:00 UTC 2004

Subject: FW: Is the Via C5J Esther not capable of NPTL in FC3 test 1
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 23:20
From: "Richard Brown" <richardbrown at viaarena.com>
To: <russell at coker.com.au>, <yusufg at outblaze.com>

Yusuf & Russell:

I have checked this issue with our CPU team; they say that this issue only
occurs in early generation versions of the VIA C3 codenamed Samuel 1 and
Samuel 2, which were available at speeds of up to 800MHz.

All subsequent versions of the processor, including the latest Nehemiah
core, do not have any problems. The forthcoming Esther part will also run
the application.

Hope this clarifies the situation.

Best regards

Richard