Fedora Core 3

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Fri Jul 2 14:47:01 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 04:06:16PM +0200, Tony Grant wrote:
> 	- DVB modules that are usable with the up to date userland tools would
> be nice. And access to DVB devices that don't require being root.

Apart from Arjan leaving them out that really is an issue of what is in the
upstream kernel - and for permissions take a look at

	/etc/security/console.perms

I would suspect adding DVB to this would do the job. If it does then post
the needed changes to bugzilla.

> 	- the unichrome driver for VIA CLE266

The kernel bits are in the current tree and the driver is in FC2 (2D) although
the config tools seem to select vesa (just turn it to via)

> 	- a built in graphical boot screen that works

Such as ?

> 	- nedit and pico installed by default (I hate vi and emacs...)

pico is part of pine which is licensing issues. Nano is supposed to be free
and equivalent but I don't know much about it. Nedit seems a bit obscure
given that both KE and Gnome have basic graphical editors anyway ?

Alan