Fedora Core 3

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Fri Jul 2 15:05:10 UTC 2004

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

>Le ven, 02/07/2004 à 08:11 -0400, Marc Deslauriers a écrit :
>

>>On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 01:01, Bill Nottingham wrote:
>>

>>>I'm sure there's other stuff people would like to see. What sorts
>>>of things?
>>>

>>I would like to see a reasonable /etc/asound.conf file that turns on
>>DMIX, so sound works "out of the box".
>>

>I would like to see gnome mixer utils that a luser like me can use to
>control alsa sound. After all this time I still have to use alsamixer as
>root to do anything useful with my sound card, because I still haven't
>figured how to tell the gnome mixer to nuke OSS compat controls and use
>SPDIF as main output (and believe me, I tried).
>
>alsamixer interface is very user-unfriendly but even it is better than
>the gnome mixer mess right now.
>
>Cheers,

Talking about user-friendly , I would like to see a gnome mixer with
less options... On a sound blaster live card , it shows dozens of
controls.. I wonder what's the reaction of a normal user when seeing it
for the first time... (by normal user , I mean a user who has never
worked as a sysdamin or a linux developer)

--
Pedro Macedo