Fedora Core 3

Mike Fedyk mfedyk at matchmail.com
Sat Jul 3 01:08:02 UTC 2004

Alan Cox wrote:

>On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 03:57:23PM -0700, Mike Fedyk wrote:
>

>>John Mizell wrote:
>>

>>>We currently do not have a video editing app included.
>>>Now that firewire support is enabled again I would
>>>like to Kino http://kino.schirmacher.de/ included.
>>>

>>With all of the licensing problems with video *players* I doubt the
>>editors will have any better chances...
>>

>We have theora now so all may not be lost

Just looked it up, and yes it looks very promising.

So the next step is getting codecs on windows so that your average Joe
DVD Rip windows user (currently whatever high percentage you want to
believe of the market) can start entering the market and make more
people want the codec, and then the snow ball keeps getting bigger.

Blue Skies!