Package requests wishlist

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Sun Jul 4 21:27:00 UTC 2004

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 22:03:03 +0200, Aurelien Bompard wrote:

> I'm currently testing the snort RPM, but it seem to be a
> "distribution-independant" spec file. Do we accept those ?

Depends. Much of it boils down to the question whether the package builds
fine and works and whether the package maintainer shows that he knows his
stuff. If, however, such a spec file, supposed to be a an update of an
existing "stable" package, appears to be a complete rewrite and doesn't
rebuild (or needs flags to rebuild) and the sections and macros, which aim
at distribution independence, reduce readability and introduce bugs, then
that's very much extra burden for reviewers.