webalizer vs awstats in fc3

Leonard den Ottolander leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Wed Jul 7 00:33:26 UTC 2004

Hello Seth,

> my concern is not size, it's that webalizer hasn't been maintained in
> YEARS.
>
> that's a good reason to drop it.

It's giving me most functionality I need wrt webstats (maybe an extra
graph here or there) for a minimal amount of space. (Not saying awstats
doesn't.) If the code is alright I just don't see why it should be
dropped. Don't fix if it ain't broken.

Those 270 kB aren't really gone help a lot with cleaning up core. But
then I seem to be in the minority on this issue so maybe we should
sacrifice it as a matter of principal :) .

Leonard.