downloading fedora

Veiko Sinivee veiko.sinivee at solo.delfi.ee
Wed Jul 7 16:29:20 UTC 2004

Hi,

The fc2-i386-srpms-???.iso images contain source rpm-s. You
don't need them at all unless you wish develop parts if FC2.
Just grab the other fc2-i386-disk?.iso files. There should
be 4 of them. Or if you have a DVD writer then on some servers
you can find the DVD iso image. Just 1 file instead of 4
but requires special handling. Some software you might use
to download it like wget utility are not capable of handling
files bigger than 2GB and this one is 4GB. I tried it and finally
found that gftp (GUI interface to ftp) using plain normal ftp
works fine.

regards,

Veiko