webalizer vs awstats in fc3

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Wed Jul 7 16:43:34 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 09:54:33AM -0600, Stephen Smoogen wrote:
> > Sounds more like it needs "export data to gnumeric" (open office doesn't
> > currently have credible stats functions)
>
> Hmmm possibly. I have no idea how to use a tool like gnumeric or
> open-office. I am guessing its time for remedial spread-sheets for me.
> The main thing I wanted was to be able to point people to a bunch of
> webpages that autogenerated the data. I found that the tools like
> webtrends and such were horrible in that regard.

The export data to.. really makes the difference between it being
easily processable and being viewable (its the equivalent of PDF versus
say OOwriter). Gnumeric can do a lot of powerful statistical functions so
you can fairly trivially compute deviations, perform p tests and to an
extent plot graphs. Possibly expert in CSV is what is ideal - thats an
ancient "anyone can import" data only format everything seems to know about.